Top Cryptocurrency Exchanges
At present, the word "cryptocurrencies" divides all of us into two camps: some do not know anything about them at all, while the latter are already making full money on them. If you plan to start studying this innovative phenomenon of our financial system, then first you need to choose a platform on which you will work and study.
Cryptocurrency trading continues to grow and take root, offering modern and advanced features. As more swaps and options are offered to traders, finding an exchange to trade can become a daunting task.
Coinbase was founded relatively recently, but has already managed to take a solid position in the list of the best cryptocurrency exchanges around the world. Such results were made possible by the available interface languages, as well as other advantages of this platform.
According to the reviews of the Coinbase exchange, one of its significant advantages is the availability of convenient services for work: current exchange rates, charts, news, descriptions, transaction history, etc. In addition, given the complexity of the legislation of different countries in 2021, this cryptocurrency exchange has its official mirror in case the main site is blocked.
Of course, the whole process of trading and exchanging cryptocurrencies is highly dependent on the convenience of depositing and withdrawing funds. According to the Coinbase review summaries, users value most of all the availability of a sufficient number of options for crediting and withdrawing earned money in the format of not only cryptocurrencies and electronic wallets, but also ways of interacting with fiat money (dollars, euros, etc.):
- 23 types of coins.
- The rates charged for all operations under $200 are as follows: $ 0.99 - $ 2.99 - for operations from $ 0 to $200; for over $200, a fixed interest rate comes into play. Its size depends on the payment method.
- Free mobile and online wallet. The advantage of this wallet is that transactions can be made off-blockchain.
- You can pay funds that can be deposited and withdrawn using a bank card, transfer and a range of payment systems. SEPA transfers are available for EU residents.
- Two-factor authentication. All website traffic is encrypted using the SSL cryptographic protocol; All wallets keys are protected by AES-256 encryption. Only 2% of her clients' cryptocurrency funds are stored online, and they are insured in case of loss.
- Android and iOS app
Binance is one of the biggest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world, founded in 2017. Reliable, popular and loved by almost all traders. The daily turnover of trading on the exchange reaches more than $1 billion, and about 1,400,000 orders are processed per second. The company provides the lowest commission per trade.
The exchange has earned the trust of the crypto community, first of all, thanks to a strong team of developers who know their business very well.
Such a long time at the top of the rankings and many positive reviews can be attributed to several factors: ease of use - Binance was one of the first major exchanges where people could register on the platform using only their email address and get instant access to a wide range of tokens; its responsive ability to handle a large number of transactions; low commissions; a global approach to your business and the availability of the platform in several languages; very low trading fees:
- 740 different crypto and fiat pairs, including own token BNB.
- Binance offers competitive trading fees (commissions): 0.1% on each side of the trade, or 0.075% if you are using your Binance tokens (BNB).
- Trust Wallet mobile application.
- Bank transfer, debit/credit cards, various P2P payment channels.
- The exchange launched CryptoSafe Alliance (CSA). This initiative will bring together exchanges, blockchain protocols, cybersecurity experts, and regulatory compliance companies. It is the first comprehensive threat monitoring and protection tool in a decentralized data exchange environment.
- A free app is available in Google Play Store or the App Store.
Kraken was founded in 2011 by Jesse Powell. The platform was officially launched in 2013. Kraken has managed to gain the trust of users. No successful hacker attacks on the exchange have been recorded.
Kraken is a self-regulated exchange, that is, it develops its own security policy and operating rules. However, it complies with the rules and regulations in many supported jurisdictions.
To start trading on the exchange, you need to make a deposit in cryptocurrency or from a bank card (only for customers of Kraken partner banks). But in order to make a deposit, you need to go through mandatory verification. As a standard, there is no opportunity to open a demo account on the exchange.
Leverage is available on the exchange. Leverage is the ability to place orders that are larger than the existing balance of users. This can lead to an increase in profit compared to placing an order with only the wallet balance. Trading under such conditions is called "Margin Trading":
- 8 tokens are available for.
- Transactions under 50,000 units of a particular currency are subject to a commission of 0.16% for the seller and 0.26% for the buyer. For sums over 50,000 units, commissions are reduced to 0.14% and 0.24% respectively.
- No crypto wallet is offered on the site.
- Crypto wallets and money transfers via bank transfer. Deposit/withdrawal via bank cards is not available.
- The exchange offers users two-factor authentication, PGP encryption, and global settings lock, which prevents any account changes within a certain period of time.
- Kraken Pro and Kraken Futures applications.
Bittrex Exchange (Bitrix) is a well-known and reliable trading platform in the market. You can trade cryptocurrencies on it without any fears, the liquidity of the site is high, and the security is unmatched. Many promising young projects want to join the site, because the resource opens the doors for them to the digital asset market.
When it comes to the security of storing funds on the exchange, Bittrex recommends using two-factor authentication, which has already become the standard in the industry. Cases of major hacker attacks on Bittrex are unknown.
User reviews of Bittrex are mostly positive. Users love the feeling that they are dealing with a real marketplace and the amount of cryptocurrencies on offer. You can find messages in which users complain about the slow response of the support service, however, the number of such messages is not large.
Its main feature and competitive advantage is the large number of cryptocurrencies available for trading - more than 250 today. However, it should be noted that the company does not accept deposits in fiat, which can be a limitation for inexperienced users. The web interface will attract even sophisticated traders. In addition, Bittrex is the go-to choice for those looking to trade rare coins. Thus, Bittrex is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges:
- 250+ trading pairs are available.
- Topping up your euro account is available via SEPA credit transfer, international bank transfer, bank card. Fiat funds withdrawal is possible to a bank account using an international bank transfer, and for euros, a SEPA credit transfer is supported. The withdrawal commission depends on the chosen currency: in bitcoin, it is 0.0005 BTC, in Ethereum - 0.00600000 ETH. The site has a fixed trading fee of 0.25% of the total value of the order.
- No crypto wallet.
- Bank transfers, credit/debit cards.
- Two-factor authentication (2FA), IP check, which requires an email confirmation of entry from a new IP-address, IP whitelists, Cold storage for 80%-90% assets.
- There are two apps for Android and iOS respectively: Bittrex Global and Bittrex.
BitMEX, short for Bitcoin Mercantile Exchange, is an advanced trading platform and cryptocurrency exchange. Unlike many crypto exchanges that exchange one cryptocurrency for another, BitMEX is focused on derivatives trading: perpetual contracts, as well as daily and weekly futures.
Cryptocurrency futures contracts are an agreement to buy or sell an underlying asset (cryptocurrency) at a predetermined price for a specific date in the future. Perpetual Contracts - Similar to Futures, except that they have no expiration or maturity.
BitMEX is a trusted cryptocurrency exchange for advanced users interested in margin trading crypto derivatives. The company is constantly improving, adding new features and expanding the list of available assets. There is no need to undergo verification to work. Bitmex uses multi-signature and cold wallets to store client funds. All withdrawals are processed manually at the appointed time once a day:
- 55 trading pairs.
- BitMEX does not charge any fees for deposits or withdrawals. When withdrawing BTC, a minimum Bitcoin Network commission is applied; commissions for takers are 0.075% of the total order value, while makers are paid an additional 0.025% for each trade.
- Crypto BitMEX wallet.
- Beyond virtual currencies, BitMEX does not accept any other deposits.
- Funds are stored in cold wallets; Two-factor authentication; Registration via SMS notifications; Multi-signature wallets for transactions; Email communications are encrypted using PGP encryption.
- BitMEX Mobile launched in September 2020.
Bitfinex is a fairly large cryptocurrency exchange that has been providing its services to traders since 2012. This platform for trading cryptocurrency assets operates under the jurisdiction of Hong Kong. During its already relatively long history, the exchange has gone through many tests: repeated attempts at hacker attacks, blocking the input and output of funds from foreign banks. But despite all the difficulties, Bitfinex has become one of the most popular platforms for trading digital assets in the world.
User protection is ensured by two-factor authentication, which means that it is not enough for attackers to know the trader's password in order to steal funds. In addition, Bitfinex is one of the few exchanges that limit the withdrawal limit if the user logs into the account from an unknown IP address. It is also worth noting that only 0.5% of the exchange's assets are available for trading, the other 99.5% are stored in a safe place - in a cold wallet.
For new traders, the developers of the site have created an introductory tour, which explains in detail the features of the exchange's functionality. Bitfinex interface has been translated into many popular languages of the world:
- Over 140 coins and 300 trading pairs.
- No additional payments for deposits and withdrawals in digital coins. When you deposit USD, you will have to pay a commission of 0.1%, but not less than $ 20;Minimum fee for withdrawing fiat money is $ 60; With the minimum currency turnover per month, the trading fee is 0.1% for the maker and 0.2% for the taker.
- Users are offered three wallets to choose from - Exchange Wallet, Margin Wallet, and Financing Wallet.
- In addition to digital currencies, bank transfers and card withdrawals are available to users.
- Only 0.5% of crypto assets are kept online to support daily transactions. The rest of the coins are kept in cold wallets out of the reach of hackers. For these wallets to become available, manual authorization of several members of the management team is required.
LocalBitcoins is a P2P exchange for buying bitcoins with fiat money offline, electronic money online and some altcoins. It is considered a reliable platform for direct, decentralized exchange between parties to a transaction. This allows you to quickly acquire bitcoin using a variety of convenient methods.
The key feature of the LocalBitcoins cryptocurrency exchange is that the site is 100% decentralized. People around the world trade with each other, and LocalBitcoins acts as an intermediary, ensuring that the terms of the transaction are fulfilled by both parties.
Although LocalBitcoins is a crypto exchange, it is not suitable for speculative transactions involving high trading frequency. This is a platform for those who want to buy / sell tokens at the most favorable price.
Privacy: The only information required is the email address for registering an account. No personal authentication is required and transactions can be performed directly with another user rather than a third party:
- The service does not charge a commission from the buyer. For sellers, there is a set commission of 1% on each sale.
- Bank transfers, banking cards, electronic systems.
- The security of the transaction is ensured by the escrow method, which has proven to be highly effective; User accounts are protected by two-factor authentication.
Poloniex is one of the largest cryptocurrency exchanges in the world. It provides the highest trading volumes for most Altcoins that can be exchanged for Bitcoin.
One of the main advantages of the exchange is the decreasing commission size. This is probably the most significant factor for large investors. It implies that the larger the transaction amount between users, the lower the commission will be.
Poloniex cryptocurrency exchange, which was created in 2014 in the USA, remains one of the most popular platforms among traders and investors.
It should be noted that the Poloniex crypto exchange has a beautiful soft design, a convenient and intuitive interface, which is perfect for both experienced traders and beginners. In addition to the traditional spot exchange, on Poloniex you will find options (section) for margin trading, as well as a section for those wishing to lend their funds - something that has recently appeared on the market:
- 100+ currency pairs.
- All deposits are allowed without any additional charges; The withdrawal fee is fixed, and it depends on the type of the currency; commissions are from 0 to 0.25%. Maker commission is from 0% to 0.15%; taker commission is from 0.1% to 0.25%. The higher is the volume of completed transactions in one month, the lower is the commission for all subsequently completed transactions.
- Own Wallet.
- Replenishment of an account with a bank card or withdrawal to a card are not available for users of some countries.
- The administration highly recommends adding two-factor authentication to your account.
- Mobile application.
Today, the KuCoin cryptocurrency exchange is based in the jurisdiction of Hong Kong. A large list of promising cryptocurrencies is currently traded on the site. A unique feature of the KuCoin exchange is that the exchange daily shares half of its profits with everyone who holds an internal token on the wallet - the KuCoin Shares (KCS) cryptocurrency. Also, like Binance, KuCoin takes very low commissions on transactions, and discounts are provided for owners of KuCoin Shares.
The Kucoin exchange interface is an absolutely standard user-friendly panel with the usual arrangement of windows and interfaces. Any user who has at least once had experience with the exchange can easily figure out how to trade on the KuCoin exchange.
If you study the feedback from KuCoin users, you will generally have a positive impression. Users usually leave positive reviews. Among the positive reviews about the KuCoin exchange, they most often indicate: low commissions for transactions and withdrawals, the ability to profit from storing the KCS token, a convenient and understandable trading interface for a beginner, several language versions (about ten normal translations), enhanced security of the exchange engine:
- 200+ coins and 450+ trading pairs.
- All deposits are free on the site, and there is a fixed fee for withdrawals; KuCoin offers a flat commission of 0.10%, which is less than the industry average.
- Inner site crypto wallet.
- A variety of payment methods supported by P2P fiat services.
- The exchange offers you the option to set up two-factor authentication by Google Authenticator.
- Mobile application.
Currently, the presented crypto exchange is considered one of the most reliable in the world and is aimed at traders from European countries. US citizens, for example, cannot work on it. Before the start of the auction, you need to provide data about yourself and confirm them. Bitpanda verification is divided into 3 levels: bronze, silver and gold. The limits on the withdrawal of funds depend on these levels.
The presented platform has plenty of advantages, and it was they that ensured its high popularity. Firstly, a huge plus is the support of the euro, because absolutely everyone is used to using fiat money. Secondly, the fees charged by the service remain small, which attracts traders. Thirdly, an affiliate program was launched not so long ago. Thanks to her, you can make money by attracting new users. Fourthly, a clear plus is quick registration. Fifth, the site has an intuitive interface and works stably:
- Bitcoin, Ethereum and 30+ digital assets.
- The trading commission of the service depends on the type of currency and the nature of the transaction. When buying bitcoins, you pay 1.49%, when selling - 1.29%.
- Commission for replenishment and withdrawal is fixed for each coin and is debited from the account.
- Bitpanda crypto wallet.
- You can make a deposit either by bank transfer, credit cards or electronic payment systems.
- Bitpanda refers to systems that independently manage user wallet keys. Besides, the following security measures are offered: fund cold storage session control. Every login attempt from a new device requires two-factor authentication confirmation, authentication and validation via email.
Coinbase is a popular American cryptocurrency exchange. It was launched in the summer of 2012, when only a few people knew about cryptocurrencies, and the price of bitcoin was only $ 10. Today, Coinbase is deservedly included in the list of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges, has a solid trading volume and high capitalization. The number of users exceeds 56 million people, and cryptocurrency trading is available to residents of more than 100 countries. Also, work with fiat is available on the exchange.
Coinbase is the most conservative and regulated exchange. The company relies on working exclusively in the legal field and has already received a license to work in most US states, including New York, it is very difficult to obtain a document to work in.
Despite these strict rules of operation, users are won over by the high level of protection of the assets of Coinbase customers. 98% of users' funds are stored in offline hardware wallets, and the rest of the cryptocurrency is insured. In the event of any fraudulent activity, Coinbase guarantees its customers a full refund of the lost funds under the insurance policy.
Coinbase is actively investing, acquiring various crypto projects.
- The website sells Bitcoin, Ethereum. Litecoin, Bitcoin Cash, Qtum, Ripple, Ethereum Classic, Cardano, Tezos and EOS.
- The use of credit or debit cards implies a service charge of 5%. Besides, the charges 3.90% for buying coins and 0.9% for selling these.
- No Wallet.
- Credit/debit cards and bank transfers; It supports SEPA and SWIFT payments.
- Coinmama is a reputable company with a secure site using Trust Guard and Comodo technologies. Both services have confirmed that 256-bit SSL encryption is actively used on pages containing personal information.
- Mobile app.
Paxful's mission is to provide people with a simple and secure platform to buy and sell Bitcoin. The company is registered under the laws of the United States (Delaware) as a money transfer operator on the United States Department of the Treasury's Financial Crimes Network.
Paxful, like LocalBitcoins, is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency platform where users transact among themselves. Like most similar platforms, Paxful does not hold funds and acts as an intermediary for users. Paxful helps connect buyers and sellers with support for over 300 different payment methods.
On Paxful, you can sell bitcoins by setting your price and choosing your payment method.
The platform supports its own mobile wallet (Paxful Wallet), which is available on iOS and Android, and makes it easy and simple to send, receive and store bitcoins, as well as track open transactions on Paxful:
- Bitcoin and Tether as assets.
- Commissions are applied for crypto selling:0.5% for bank transfers; 1% for bank cards and e-payments; 3-5% for gift cards; No commission is charged for buying cybercurrencies; Paxful will charge a transfer fee for sending funds to an external wallet. $ 0 - $ 9.99 = 0.0001 BTC$ 10 - $ 19.99 = 0.0002 BTC;More than $ 20 = 0.0005 BTC.
- The Paxful Wallet App makes it easy to store and manage coins with your mobile wallet.
- More than 300 ways to buy coins, including bank transfer, credit and debit cards, PayPal, Western Union, and even Amazon, iTunes or Steam gift cards.
- The security of the system is ensured by two-factor authentication, depositing and the obligatory verification procedure when working with large amounts.
- Paxful Wallet for Android and iOS.
HitBTC exchange is a large trading platform for transactions with cryptocurrency. It stands out for its user-friendly interface, reliability and support for modern tools for a comfortable working environment.
For operations with digital assets, the HitBTC exchange does not require mandatory verification from users. All registered clients can freely trade cryptocurrency assets using the trading platform toolkit. However, to gain full access to all the exchange's capabilities, users will still need verification, all this is your security.
The HitBTC exchange has a number of advantages that allow it to occupy high positions among the largest platforms on the cryptocurrency market. There is a convenient toolkit for trading here, as well as the ability to purchase tokens of projects that are at the ICO stage. Developers regularly list projects with potential. The reliability of the exchange is confirmed by positive customer reviews and a long period of work in the digital asset market:
- 800 currency pairs.
- No commissions for deposits and a fixed commission for withdrawals depending on the coin; HitBTC uses a multi-level trading fee calculation system. The more a user trades, the lower his commission will be.
- No crypto wallet.
- The HitBTC exchange can be replenished exclusively with digital currency.
- The platform provides 2-factor authentication, high-end encryption technology and cold storage of funds.
- No application.
The cryptocurrency attracts traders with the volatility of the exchange rate. It can fluctuate by tens or even hundreds of percent a day. This volatility in price has made digital assets a favorite tool for speculators. Users trade cryptocurrencies in order to generate quick profits. The most convenient place for this is stock exchanges. Each has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Choose a site that is convenient for you, each of them is good in its own way.